3 days Samburu Camping safari is an excellent Kenya camping safari perfect for tourists seeking for a camping experience in the wilderness of Kenya. This Kenya safari takes you on a visit to Samburu game reserve situated in the hot and arid fringes of Kenya’s vast Northern Frontier District, the reserve is a home to the Samburu tribe – the pastoral relatives of the Masai.
Samburu national reserve has fascinating safari destination with rugged and dramatic landscape with Uwaso Nyi’iro river running along the southern boundary dividing Samburu game reserve. The river is a home to crocodile and hippo and it is visited by many animals to drink water and cool off from the scotching heat.
On 3 days Samburu camping safari you will be able to enjoy sights of cape buffalo, lios, leopards, cheetah and species which are unique to Same game reserve that are beisa oryx, the long necked Gerenuk, Grevy’s zebra, reticulated giraffe and the blue shanked Somali ostrich.
HIGHLIGHTS OF 3 DAYS SAMBURU CAMPING SAFARI
- Day 1: Nairobi to Samburu camping safari
- Day 2: Full Day Samburu camping safari
- Day 3: Samburu – Nairobi
DETAILED ITINERARY OF 3 DAYS SAMBURU CAMPING SAFARI
Day 1: Nairobi to Samburu camping safari
At 0700 hours, you will have pick up from your Nairobi Hotel and drive north heading to Samburu national reserve arriving at around 1300 hours in time for lunch. After lunch you will go for an afternoon game drive in the semi-arid plains of Samburu national reserve in an area famously known for the Samburu semi – nomadic tribesmen and the reticulated giraffe, the Grevy’s zebra gerenuk, Beisa Oryx and other wildlife species.
During the afternoon game drive you will be able to see various wildlife species among others, then return to your campsite for dinner and overnight.
Meal plan: lunch and dinner
Day 2: Full Day Samburu camping safari
You are to spend a full day in Samburu national reserve with early morning and afternoon game drive in the 40 square miles of semil-arid plains traversed by the Ewaso Ngi’iro River. You will be able to enjoy views of the Ololokwe Table Mountain forming a dramatic backdrop as you are spotting the wildlife, Samburu national reserve hosts a 3rd of Kenya’s giraffe species – the rare reticulated giraffe which is only found in northern parks, here in the reserve you will be able to see the blue-legged Somali Ostrich, the long necked Gerenuk gazelle and the straight – horned Beisa Oryx antelope among others. In the evening you will head back to your camping site for dinner and overnight.
Meal plan: lunch and dinner
Day 3: Samburu – Nairobi
Have early morning breakfast, checkout of and drive back to Nairobi arriving in time for lunch which you will have at the hotel, later be dropped off either at the hotel or at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your flight back home.
Safari price Cost Includes:
- Transport on custom made 7 seater tour van or land cruiser ideal for game viewing and photography.
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari.
- Accommodation in double/triple room.
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes.
- Service of an English speaking professional driver/guide.
- All game drives as detailed in the itinerary.
- Complimentary return airport transfers.
- Bottled water whilst on safari 1 litre per person per day.
- Start and end in Nairobi.
Tour Cost excludes:
- Beverages/Drinks/Sodas and other soft drinks.
- International flights and visas.
- Items of a personal nature
- Any other extras not detailed in hotel
- Optional activities i.e. visit to masai village
- Optional Nairobi dinner
- Balloon safari can be arranged at an extra cost of US$ 450 per person
- Optional Nairobi city tour and excursion