5 Days Amboseli and Nakuru safari
5 days Amboseli and Nakuru trip is a safari to different wildlife viewing destinations in Kenya starting with a city tour in the vibrant Nairobi city and then proceeding to Lake Nakuru national park to see the endangered rhinos as well as the flamingos on the lake shores. You will continue to Amboseli national park for more wildlife viewing adventures and return to Nairobi as seen in the itinerary below;
Safari highlights of the 5 Days Amboseli and Nakuru safari
- Day 1; Pick up and city tour
- Day 2; Drive to Lake Nakuru national park
- Day 3; Drive to Amboseli national park
- Day 4; Full day in Amboseli national park
- Day 5; Departure
Day 1; pick up and city tour
- pick up and city tour: Your guide will pick you up from the airport on the first day of your safari and you will be welcomed and have a short briefing about your 5 days Amboseli and Nakuru safari. You will proceed to Nairobi where you will check-in at your hotel and have your lunch. After you have had your lunch, you will have a city tour around Kenya’s capital city to experience the busy city life and the colorful streets of Nairobi filled with matatus. During your city tour, you will visit the museum, local market, visit art and craft shops and many other locations around the city.
- Your guide will drive you back to your hotel for dinner and overnight after your city tour as you prepare for another amazing experience the next day of your trip.
Day 2; Drive to Lake Nakuru national park
- Drive to Lake Nakuru: Breakfast will be served at your hotel in Nairobi before you check out of the hotel. You will proceed to your first wildlife viewing destination on your 5 day safari which is Lake Nakuru national park and during your drive to the national park; you will enjoy views of the Great Rift Valley escarpment where you will engage in photography as you enjoy the amazing views. You will proceed to your lodge in the national park for check in and to have your lunch.
- You will have a game drive after your lunch as you explore the wilderness of Lake Nakuru national park in search of wildlife species such as rhinos (black rhinos and white rhinos), buffalos, giraffes, antelopes, waterbucks, elands, gazelles, elephants, hyenas, warthogs among others.
- You will also see large numbers of flamingos along the shores of Lake Nakuru as well as other bird species such as cormorants, herons, fish eagles, hammerkops among others making it a good birding spot where you can also see wildlife species grazing in the nearby plains. As you enjoy the beautiful sunset, your guide will drive you to your lodge for dinner and to spend the night.
Day 3; Drive to Amboseli national park
- Drive to Amboseli: After breakfast and checking out of your lodge in Lake Nakuru national park on the 3rd day of your 5 days safari, you will have an en-route game drive to look out for wildlife species as you leave the national park. You will continue your journey to Nairobi where you will have a short stopover and also have your lunch.
- Your guide will drive you to the famous Amboseli national park for another wildlife viewing experience. On arrival in the national park, your guide will drive you to your lodge where you will check-in. You will have a guided nature walk later in the evening to explore the wilderness of the national park and get a close encounter with nature as you follow different trails in the park and look out for wildlife species. You will return to your lodge after your nature walk and you will have dinner and spend the night in the comfort of your lodge.
Day 4; Full day in Amboseli national park
- Full day in Amboseli: On the 4th day of your safari, you will start your day with breakfast at your lodge and then you will proceed for your morning game drive to see the different wildlife species in Amboseli national park as you enjoy views of Mt Kilimanjaro which can be spotted in the back drop of the national park. You will also enjoy photography as you explore the wilderness of this national park.
- You will return to your lodge for lunch after your morning game drive. You will have another game drive after lunch as you search for wildlife species such as elephant herds which are easy to see in this national park. Other wildlife species you will see during your game drive in Amboseli national park include giraffes, hyenas, leopards, warthogs, buffalos, elands, impalas, zebras, antelopes, gazelles among others. You will also see different bird species as you enjoy the sunset in the wilderness of the national park.
- Your guide will drive you back to your lodge to have your dinner and to spend the night after your full day of wildlife viewing.
Day 5; Departure
- Departure: You will have breakfast at your lodge in Amboseli national park before checking out of the lodge as you prepare to have a morning game drive in the savannah plains of the national park to see the wildlife species that are active in the morning.
- After your morning game drive, your guide will drive you to Nairobi where you will be dropped off at a location of your preference which will mark the end of your 5 days Amboseli and Nakuru trip.
End of the 5 Days Amboseli and Nakuru safari
The safari and tour prices below include
- all-day game drives as per sample itinerary
- Hotel/lodge accommodation for the duration of the safari
- Animal tours according to your itinerary preferences
- Private 4-wheel drive vehicle with a roof hatch
- Professional safari and tour guide/driver
- All national park fees
- All meals on the safari
- All game viewing activities specified
- Price quoted per person sharing
The safari and tour prices below exclude
- Drinks and mineral water
- Items of personal nature
- International and local airfares
- Airport taxes Any airport transfers & hotel accommodation before / after the safari
- Entry visas
- Travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities